fot

Re: [Fot] Kas Kastner built Vitesse

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kas Kastner built Vitesse
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:21:03 -0500
I love google.

Looking around for the world's fastest Herald (no offence to Vitesse owners),
I found the following link to Kas' Vitesse:

http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/triumph/71vtx1/71vtx1ss.htm

which indicates that car was sold previously for $35K.  But the eBay
description indicates that the car has been with the same owners since 1988,
significantly pre-dating race-cars.com.

My guess is that they received no takers on race-cars.com, withdrew the
advertisement, and are trying on eBay.  Nevertheless, there are some more
pictures to drool over at race-cars.com.

Circa $35K for a significant slice of Triumph history, as well as owning the
world's fastest Herald (Andy Mace, are you out there?) has got to be a deal.
Don't look at me, though, I'm struggling just to finish one car for the
road/track.

Shane Ingate, with no sugar-daddies in Magdalena, NM