fot

Re: [Fot] Kas Kastner built Vitesse

To: Billb@bnj.com, hottr6@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kas Kastner built Vitesse
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:42:57 EST
I have had serious doubts about the period authenticity of this car for a
number of years, as it does attend SVRA events occasionally.

Perhaps Kas or one of your others who worked on and raced it later, but
still "in the day", can shed some light.

It is my contention that it originally had the 2.0L engine, not the 2.5L  TR6
motor that Ralph uses. I don't believe that even though the T/A series and
B-Sedan class was expanded to 2.5L in 1973, that you could increase the
displacement beyond what the Recognition Form (B3-2) stated. The 2.5L was never
Triumph option in the Vitesse.

Also, the last time I weighed Ralph's car it was 2123#. The B-Sedan weight
rules for a non-cross flow engine were 1.0# / cc. That means the car should
weigh 2500# by my figures. No wonder it is fast!!!

It also now has a 5-speed tranny. SVRA would allow that if the Vitesse had
an overdrive option. I don't think it did.

Just my 2 pennies.

Jack Woehrle

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)