fot

Re: [Fot] Show and Shine & Triumph Values

To: <SMITH1127@aol.com>, <N197TR4@cs.com>, <vintage.racer@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Show and Shine & Triumph Values
From: "Russ Moore" <rem9@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:12:57 -0500
It's interesting how time changes your surroundings. I remember back in my
University days (70-74) being paid $50 to drag off non-running TRs. Cornell
students were discarding them like last week's date. Those I was able to
drive away usually were $75. I recall three TR-250s that were purchased for
less than $100. This was the same period of time I passed up a 1961 XKE
roadster because it needed paint and after all, who wanted to pay $750 for a
car that needed paint. I did buy a 1970 Mustang Mach I for $300 that was
fully loaded back in 1976. (No I traded it in on a garden
tractor..................NUTZ!)

Ah for the old days

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49