fot

[Fot] Show and Shine & Triumph Values

To: vintage.racer@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Show and Shine & Triumph Values
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:24:35 EST
While it is great to see the value of our Triumphs rise, I'd hate to see it
rise artificially, as a big air bubble and then burst.

I think it is likely that the demand for TR3A and TR4s is on the rise. There
are some that argue with me.  But the numbers seem to agree.

I's also like to think that the FoT has given the Triumph more credibility
off the track and on the track.  Thus more value and respect.

Joe A

> Hello:
>

> In the latest issue of AutoWeek (March 3, 2008), there is a column about a
> recent auction in Arizona where a 1963 TR4 with Surrey Top was sold for
> $44,000.  The car was described as being in "flawless" condition after
> undergoing a frame-up, five year restoration in 1994.  Since then it had
> seen minimal use.  In June 2007 at a Christie's auction, this same car
> failed to sell despite a high bid in the upper $30,000 range.  Let's see if
> I buy two TR's, race one and restore the other for auction.hmmm, something
> to think about as these cars continue to appreciate.
>

> Gary
>
> 62 TR4
>
> 69 TR6

   </HTML>