fot

[Fot] T50 gearbox CVAR and my GT6

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] T50 gearbox CVAR and my GT6
From: <igofaster@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:03:51 -0800
First, kudos to Bob Davis, the builder of my lovely GT6 I purchased from him
last year. Going through CVAR school and tech this past year, the 'issue' of my
Toyota T50 gearbox was noted as an item that needed to be replaced. Now, Bob
Davis had this extremely detailed catalogue and CD of the build process but I
never had actually SEEN the gearbox in place until last night.
I pulled the exhaust system off which was extremely easy as the exhaust was in
two pieces which seperated right below the header... i.e.  I didn't have to
remove both manifolds. I pulled off the transmission cover and holy smokes!
Folks... the T50 gearbox in the GT6 is an absolute amazing combination! It is
easy to see why anyone would want to upgrade to the T50.. The gearbox itself is
about twice the size of the little Triumph box. I lost sleep last night knowing
I would call CVAR President George Curl and plead my case to leave the T50
although I've already bought a Quantum Mechanics box.
I'm pleading that it is not a performance improvement only a reliability
improvement. I've lost my case. If I continue to run with CVAR I will have to
change the gearbox out.
Who can I run with vintage that will allow me to run as I am? SCCA? SVRA?
Curious and sad...   Bobby Whitehead