fot

Re: [Fot] The garage mahal

To: Ken Gano palm top <triumphs@consolidated.net>, Friends of Triumph
Subject: Re: [Fot] The garage mahal
From: Ken Suhre <kenandtweety@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 06:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
Ken, I recommend the heated floor as a priority for
your new mahal. The shops I have been that have it,
were quite comfortable even heat. Here in the midwest,
sweating floors are a problem in spring. Heated floors
prevent that. It is quiet safe heat too. It is a
simple system employing a household hot water heater
and circulation pump. Use lots of insulation in the
walls and ceiling. And, be sure to cover the
insulation on the inside with a plastic vapor barrier.

  Also, being an auto technician for some 45 years
this September, I can assure you working under a lift
the last 10 has been more pleasant than getting up and
down off a creeper after having had to jack the car up
an safely place it on jack stands. If you can't  put
it in your budget now, at least pour the reinforced
location in the floor for one in the future.
  Get a BIG air compressor and place it outside the
working area even it it means a separate little hut on
the back or side out of sight. They are noisey. Pipe
in the air to multiple locations and use moisture
traps.

That's my Two cents worth.
Ken Suhre
--- Ken Gano palm top <triumphs@consolidated.net>