fot

Re: [Fot] Dual Tilton Brake Masters on MK1 Spitfire

To: dodo@texas.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Dual Tilton Brake Masters on MK1 Spitfire
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:57:24 -0700
You've got me pretty confused here. You've set up a two-MC system and
you have proportioning valves on it? What are they proportioning?
Most folks that do two MC brakes do the proportioning with a balance
bar.  A proportioning valve reduces downstream pressure. In a single
MC system so you can put it between the front and rear systems to have
less pressure applied to the rear cylinder than the front. I don't
know what they would be used for in a two mc system, and I assume
that's your problem.

Placing a proportioning valve in the rear circuit only generally does
work since it reduces the pressure at the rear brakes, but it gives a
hard pedal. You'd be better off getting rid of the proportioning
valves entirely and using a balance bar. I'm assuming you feed the
front from one MC and the rear from the other. If this isn't the case,
then do.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com