fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 diff mounts

To: <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 diff mounts
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:22:51 -0400
Uncle Jack asked:
> While I have the diff out, I could easily replace to the diff mounts.
> What's the best thing to do

I use poly.  Alas, they do not have 30 years and 100,000 miles on them
so I cannot attest to their contribution to diff longevity.

Over the years in other cars, I have developed a fondness for
solid mounts under the engine, and soft mounts for the g/box
and diff.  The solid mounts are good for "feeling" bearing condition
when cranking the motor.  I was advised by many that solid mounts
for g/box and diff is too hard on the parts.

I have reinforced my diff mounts, so that any harshness that the
poly mounts bring into the equation may be offset by the bracing.

Shane Ingate in NM