fot

[Fot] other venues to SCCA - Final Thoughts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] other venues to SCCA - Final Thoughts
From: fpspitfire@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 21:28:40 +0000
All,

While this is apparently a hot topic for some people.

There have been some comments made that are certainly interesting.  I would
like to clear a couple things up.
1)The basis of the SCCA production category is that all cars SHALL be given
allowances or hinderances to maintain each cars competetiveness in their class.
 I only brought this up because the current direction completely jacks with us
and says your car is not going to be in that class anymore and you must change
to make it in a new class.
2) I have no desire to change my car to run vintage and never made any comment
that I want to run vintage, it's too far gone to change back ($10k probably)
and I don't think the vintage crowd is for me.
3)  Thanks to all of you who pointed me in the direction of midwest council and
a couple other places.  4)  SCCA could make a bunch of money by making all the
groups that use their past GCR pay royalties.
5)  I don't want to take my car somewhere and kick peoples ass with it...I just
want to go run it in a class where it's as competetive as it is in it's current
class.  I'd prefer to not have to make any changes to it...there are going to
be a lot of people in the same boat.

I will still contend that vintage groups not thinking about accepting current
cars is short sighted.  The average driver is getting older and can't be out
there for ever.  Younger guys are not building vintage cars.  I'm a pretty rare
guy who is under 35 and races an older car.

Thanks for the input...now lets move on to something else.

aaron