fot

[Fot] Mileage bragging

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Mileage bragging
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:29:43 -0700
Okay everyone says to buy a little car so you can average something like 23-25
mpg. Buying a car because of the cost of gas is silly and will probably never
pay for the capital investment.  Buying a high mileage car because of a
SHORTAGE of gasoline, such as we had in the early '70's makes sense though.

My Nissan Maxima 6 speed is giving me 19.5 - 19-7 in normal Southern
California street traffic and upwards of 28-29 at 75 on cruise.  Out of
California the same car get in the low 30's at the same speeds. (better
gasoline with out the Cal additives) Nice piece and big enough to carry what
ever you like. Then anytime I want to stand on the gas there is something
there that can respond.