fot

Re: [Fot] mileage plus

To: spreiss@verizon.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] mileage plus
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:52:29 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/2008 8:42:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
spreiss@verizon.net writes:

Group
I really wish that the racing community would embrace and  develop the concept
of performance as a factor of speed and efficiency.  Obviously it is a major
factor in the distance racing of NASCAR and others.  Wouldn't it be cool if
there was a way to implement it in the sprint races  typical of our groups?
I think it would not be so hard to fit fuel meters  with sending units, like
the gas company does, and measure consumption  during an event. Measurement
could be synchronized with the start/finish  line. That way, with a few
calculations, cars across all the different  groups could compete for the
grand
prize of speed and efficiency. This  would open up a whole new level of bench
engineering and I believe increase  the public's interest in motor sport in
general. Perhaps the results would  be surprising, too!
Steve P.

This might be interesting as a project for current pro and club level
events, but it isn't something we would embrace as vintage racers at vintage
events.

 Vintage racers are "part of the racing community" but our segment, by  it's
very nature, is not conducive to new concepts.

Since this list has both vintage racers and current racers, as well as
street car folks, I am only speaking for the vintage racer segment.

Jack Woehrle

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.