fot

Re: [Fot] And we complain...

To: "wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com" <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] And we complain...
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:39:04 -0700
Granted.  But do the math.

$15,500 + $3,100 per point to hold a Superlicense is beyond excessive
even given the unreal money in F1.  The cost for the license should
have some basis in reality.

Hamilton last year earned 109 points last year.  That means his
Superlicense this year cost him $353,400!  Kovalainen's license cost
him $108,500.  So if McLaren is picking up the tab for the drivers
Ron Dennis had to shell out over $500,000 for two race drivers and
three test drivers (if not more).

Of course Max "I'm not a Nazi" Mosley is also complaining about
wanting budget reductions put in place so that the sport does not
cost so much for the teams.

Other drivers license costs.

Kubica: $136,400
Rosberg:        $77,500