fot

Re: [Fot] And we complain...

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <billbab@gmail.com>, "'David W. Riddle'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] And we complain...
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:56:30 -0700
This extended conversation has failed to consider that the whole F1
environment is several orders of magnitude above what we are all used to
dealing with.  What seems to be a lot of money to us, is chump change to the
teams and individuals in that end of the sport.

The top teams are all spending sums that exceed many country's GNP and think
nothing of it.  For a fine to be meaningful in that environment, it has to
be that high.

What I find absurd is the constant redefinition of the rules that are
supposed to cut costs but end up making the sport more expensive because
every couple of years the teams have to start over with totally new designs
for critical components.

It is truly a rich man's sport.

Joe C.