fot

Re: [Fot] And we complain...

To: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] And we complain...
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:30:25 -0700
I actually wasn't reflecting on whether or not the fine was
proportional, but on the effect to the fans. When you fine a team 100
million you make it very clear that nothing going on in F1 has any
relevance to normal human endeavor.

I enjoy F1 tremendously, I Tivo all the races. But I think the
governance is strange and arbitrary. I've watched the politics for
years, I think the FIA harms the sport continuously.

On Jun 20, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Terry Stetler wrote:

>  "It is truly a rich man's sport.
>
>  Joe C."
>
>  It is well beyond that.  Both Ferrari and Toyota are spending in
> excess of
> $400 million US, per season, on Formula 1.  Most of the other teams
> are close
> to that.  Hence the outrageous to us fine leveled at McClaren.  Do
> you think a
> fine of say, $50k, would mean anything to them?  They spend more
> than that on
> brake components for one race weekend.
>  I do think the scheme for Superlicense charges is beyond the pale
> however.
>
>  Terry Stetler
>
> You are subscribed as billb@bnj.com

Bill Babcock