fot

[Fot] Info anyone?

To: "Bill Swope" <bswope959@msn.com>
Subject: [Fot] Info anyone?
From: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:59:27 -0600
This is the white w/green TR4 #06 that I mentioned a few weeks ago
when I introduced Bill for nomination. Bill- what # was the car when
it was orange/yellow? Also, I've attached a comment from Jerry Van
Vlack [see below] that may pertain to your car.
Greg "Lunker" Hilyer
TR4 #314
Albuquerque NM

Greg, for what it's worth I last saw an ex Group 44 TR-4 at Watkins
Glen in 1971 or 1972. It may well have been owned by a guy from Conn,
although I thought he was from Philadelphia. I am racking my brain to
remember his name and if you have a log book from those years and can
get me a name I'm sure I will remember his name. I know that car was
an ex Group 44 car as I spent some time with the owner and looked the
car all over. At the time I was a crew for a low budget TR4 racer out
of Pittsburgh and I was amazed at what Group 44 had done to that car.
It was fast and well driven. We had a spectacular engine explosion
and spent the balance of the weekend at the local Wineries. The
weekend was combined with a Trans-Am or Can Am event. Good times.

Jerry Van Vlack

I remember his name..........it was David Manners, is that a previous
owner of your car? If yes then it is a previous Group 44 car. At
least it's the one I saw.
JVV

On Jun 20, 2008, at 12:20 PM, Bill Swope wrote:

> I recently  purchased a race prepared car that came out of the New
> Haven Ct.
> area in the 70des. There is a Former Glory Racing sticker on it.
> Does any one
> Know who this was ?  Contact?  THE car has a good size decal "
> GROUP 44
> APPROVED "
> Any one know what the history on that may mean
> Wm. (Bill) Swope
> dba C ME GO Racing
> 1030 Green Valley Rd. NW
> Los Ranchos, N M  87107