fot

[Fot] Intake manifold, long runner

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Intake manifold, long runner
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:42:28 -0500
Are there two different types of long runner intake manifolds?  I have one
that has 1-9/16 inch dia. engine ports and one with 1-3/8 inch dia. engine
ports.  Both are marked "STANPART 305744".  The one with the 1-9/16 ports
matches up to the head intake ports which are a bit bigger than 1-1/2 inch.
According to the Moss catalog there is only one long runner intake manifold,
which is used on late TR4's and TR4A's.  I either have to have the cracks
welded in the 1-9/16 one that I have, open up the ports on the 1-3/8 one I
have to match the head ports or find another 1-9/16 one to match the head
ports.  Anybody have a 1-9/16 port manifold they are willing to part with?
Are these all modified 1-3/8 port manifolds?

Thanks
Tim
1961 TR4 #317