fot

Re: [Fot] Intake manifold, long runner

To: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Intake manifold, long runner
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:05:59 -0500
I did just that.  Didn't have actual gussets put in but he did weld a nice big
filet between the flange and the runner on top.  Just about filled it in.  I
think we will also fashion some sort of support, which was suggested to me but
I hadn't got to yet!!  I've paid the price.  Only problem now is the flatness
of the flanges to the engine.  I think I'll be okay using one of Uncle Jack's
"crushable" manifold gaskets.  If not I'll have to have the flange skimmed on
a mill to straighten it out.  Hate to take any more material off though.
    What did the original factory manifolds and heads do to match ports?  Of
did they just live with the large port on the head and the smaller port in the
manifold on the late TR4's and the TR4A?  Really curious.
    Thanks for all of the input and Terry's website with all the head
described with drawings was really nice.

Tim

P.S. Any suggestions on a support for the intake manifold with a set of 4 into
1 headers?