fot

Re: [Fot] gasoline comparison - ethanol impacts

To: "Bill Babcock" <Billb@bnj.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] gasoline comparison - ethanol impacts
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:50:17 +0100

--===============1146673460==

------=_NextPart_000_00C8_01C916BC.42638190

Whatever the merits/demerits of ethanol in gasoline, I've been a diesel =
user in my daily driver for some years. With rocketing fuel prices in =
the UK - a gallon of diesel costs me US$11.00 - I've just gone down the =
route of running my car on bio-diesel. As far as I can make out, =
bio-diesel is a refined and recycled fuel made mostly from cooking oil =
out of UK fish and chip shops and food processors. For a start it now =
costs me only US$3.20 a gallon and the performance difference is =
negligible and the car is more environmentally friendly with lower =
emissions than with the normal diesel. I have to say my first =
consideration was not the environment but my wallet ...

Jonmac
------=_NextPart_000_00C8_01C916BC.42638190

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Whatever the merits/demerits of ethanol =
in=20
gasoline, I've been a diesel user in my daily driver for some years. =
With=20
rocketing fuel prices in the UK - a gallon of diesel costs me US$11.00 - =
I've=20
just gone down the route of running my car on bio-diesel. As far as I =
can make=20
out, bio-diesel is a refined and recycled fuel made mostly from cooking =
oil out=20
of UK fish and chip shops and food processors. For a start it now costs =
me only=20
US$3.20 a gallon and the performance difference is negligible and the =
car is=20
more environmentally friendly with lower emissions than with the normal =
diesel.=20
I have to say my first consideration was not the environment but my =
wallet=20
...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jonmac</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>