fot

Re: [Fot] State of F1

To: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of F1
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:19:00 -0500
PC's are already about as fast serially as a supercomputer, so the only
answer is massively parallel.  This makes programming a nightmare except
for problems that are huge and easily split into many separate unrelated
tasks.  CFD is not one of them. I remember back in the early 90s I would
hear every year "This is the Year for Parallel Computing".  I don't
think is will ever happen.