fot

Re: [Fot] State of F1

To: David Talbott <dtalbott@archrepro.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of F1
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:57:28 -0500
Any decent model of turbulence is going to be highly nonlinear and will
require many "adjustable parameters".    Most models these days can be
reasonably accurate if its parameters are "tuned" with real data.  So
the scenario would be wind tunnel > model > wind tunnel > model
............  The model can save wind tunnel time, but not replace it.
Larry