fot

[Fot] Brake residual pressure valves

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Brake residual pressure valves
From: "Ken Gano palm top" <triumphs@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:07:32 -0600
I good friend, whose design abilities I respect, suggested that I add brake
pressure residual valves to my new brake system and even went to far as to
send me two (2 psi for the front disks and 10 psi for the rear drums.)

As I understand it, these retain a small amount of pressure on the brakes,
preventing the pads/shoe from fully disengaging.  While it makes sense that
these would then re-engage more quickly (less travel), it would seem that
this would also increase the wear on those parts and create unnecessary
drag.

Is anyone willing to comment on the positive aspects of installing these on
my street TR3?

Thanks

Ken Gano