fot

Re: [Fot] Three Questions

To: "Gary Horstkorta" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Three Questions
From: rjl6n@cstone.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:46:11 -0500 (EST)
> Gary Hortska asked:
>
> 1.        Will you race more, less or the same number of events in 2009?

Well, since I sold my race car in August, I will reduce
the number of events to zero in 2009.  Anyone want
to buy a really nice enclosed race car trailer?

> 2.       What do you pay for entry fees with the various organizations you
> race with?

Event fees were $185 for singles and something like
$300 or so for double race weekends last year as I
recall.  Since that is a minor part of the total expense
for a race weekend, I can't remember for sure.

> 3.       How many of the race organizations you race with have corporate
> sponsors to help offset the cost of racing, ie, keep entry fees lower?

I race(d) exclusively with the SCCA, and only one race
a year (the Labor Day Double) had Corporate sponsorship,
although some races had dinners provided by sponsors.

John Lye