fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 timing cover bolt threads

To: "Greg & Alison Blake" <ablake2@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 timing cover bolt threads
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:34:07 -0800
The threads in thermostat housing are British Pipe Threads. the threads are
not tapered, they are parallel threads. USP 3/8 threads are tapered threads.
The sending unit seals by the threads pushing the sending unit against a
seat down at the bottom of the treads. The threads themselves do not do the
sealing as USP threads do.

                            Greg Solow