fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 timing cover bolt threads

To: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 timing cover bolt threads
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:57:36 -1000
I know I'm a terrible person, but i always just tap these things out
to the next pipe tap size. the notion of a non-tapered pipe thread in
cast iron just doesn't make that much sense to me.

Of course I once converted a 1958 BSA A-10 to metric, but that's a
different story. I bet whoever has that bike today wonders WTF.