fot

Re: [Fot] Driver's school CVAR

To: Greg & Alison Blake <ablake2@austin.rr.com>, FOT
Subject: Re: [Fot] Driver's school CVAR
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:35:20 -0600
Congratulations Greg,
Sounds like your pressure is marginally on the low side.  We also run
Chevy rods in our TR3 and cannot tell the oil pressure is any different
from running stock rods.  Mine run on a welded up stock crank rather
than with spacers at the wrist pins, but that difference should not
effect oil pressure. Did you replace the cam bearings when you rebuilt
the engine?  That is often overlooked on a rebuild.  Are you running the
accessory outside line to the rockers?  That will rob some pressure from
the rest of the system.  I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about
Bob.  He's helped me a lot over the years. The key question is did you
run enough sessions to get signed off for the weekend?  What about
Andrew Kramer?  I noticed he was not listed as running the last few
sessions.  CVAR's licensing requirements of completing four full
weekends within a year are tough when you're simultaneously trying to
sort a new car.  Of course, I also have to ask how you like the cam?
Larry Young