fot

Re: [Fot] detroit locker

To: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>,fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] detroit locker
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:53:49 -0500
The car I rolled (3 times) had upgraded axles and upgraded hubs, but
still of the stock design.  All of the stress risers were eliminated,
very good steel was used, and I could barely walk for a week and we
could use most of the driveline components on the next car, but only
one fender was re-used.  Southwick conversion is like $800 bucks.

The other option is to replace the rear axle with a cut down Ford 8"
rear axle and find a u joint that will mate that to the drive
shaft.  That's essentially what I've got in my car now, that was done
before the Southwick conversion was developed.

Or, you could just drive slow.   :)

- Tony