fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer

To: "Glenn Franco" <gaf3@charter.net>, "Friends of Triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:41:06 -0500
I'm using a windshield washer bottle I got at the parts store -- not sure
what kind of car it was meant for. A Chevy I think. The parts store should
have a nice variety of such things, I just chose one that fit and would
mount up easily. It's square, and mounts in a wire frame that I've bolted
inside the battery well. It has an outlet in the bottom I plugged with a
glob of RTV. Cut a nice hole in the top for the overflow hose and it comes
out of the wire frame so I can empty it when needed (using the screw-off cap
at the top). The battery is relocated to a location inside the passenger
compartment. This setup has worked for me for at least 20 years now.

--Rocky Entriken