fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer
From: Bob <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:18:19 -0400
On the gt6 I removed the existing battery box by drilling out the spot
welds. Fabricated an aluminum box with a flange to overhang onto the
flat firewall shelf and drop in where the battery box used to be.
Drilled the flange and the shelf. Installed rivnuts into the shelf so
that the box can be removed if need be. The top of the box has two
fittings. One for the valve cover and one if you want to vent the block.
A small K&N filter is also installed in the lid on a third fitting. A
drain petcock is in the bottom. Creates a clean unobtrusive
installation. Box cost me $75 to get fabricated plus the fittings and
filter.

May have pictures of the installed box if anyone is interested.

Bob