fot

[Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:27:53 -0400
Group

My Spitfire (72) has limited open space under the bonnet to mount a
catch tank for my oil blow by. The standard run  of the mill vertical
tanks don't package (not enough room).
I'm looking for a more horizontal unit that will sit on the shelf just
above the firewall/dash panel. My panel has been replaced with a
horizontal and vertical sheet  of aluminum and is continuous from left
to right of vehicle. The space between the shelf and bonnet is not more
than 7". Left and right of the engine is crowed due to the forward
bracing from the roll cage to the front suspension uprights and frame.

I have searched the usual sources online and ordered a vertical unit
from Summit. Nothing fits!
I'm looking for a rectangular or round low profile round tank no more
vertical than 6". I've seen some examples that would fit buy have no
idea who supplied them.

Any ideas or do I have to have to make one?

Thanks in advance
Glenn Franco
72 Spit Racer