fot

Re: [Fot] brake bias

To: Mike Munson <fasttrs@mindspring.com>, <19to1tr6@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] brake bias
From: Sam Halkias <atr6racer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:14:34 -0400
Sorry for the late opinion, but I could not agree more with Mike Munson. I
added brake bias guages to my cars many years ago and the only time I ever
look at them is in the pits or on the grid for a rain race. Make any
adjustment there and that's it, no time to read them at speed. ( I have used
video to record the guages during testing) After reading this thread I can't
imagine a guage "fluttering", especially if there is no loss in performance.
True a little run out will not help, but I don't believe that is the cause. Do
you have any sort of in line proportioning  valve or something? Either the
gauge is bad (which I doubt) or you have some sort of bias pressure unit for
the rear and you may have too much rear bias dialed in, thus the fluttering of
the gauge. I like to see the front pressure up initially then have the rear
follow, with about 800 PSI for the front and 400 for the rear junder max
braking, too much rear will get you backwards in a hurry! Also check your
balance bar and make sure its free to move as sometimes they can bind up, a
little WD-40 every now and then can help.

Sam