fot

[Fot] brake bias

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] brake bias
From: "Paul Ebert" <pebert1@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:49:53 -0500
For what its worth in this discussion. generally speaking brake discs should
have no more than .0005 to .0006 TV or thickness variation.  Taper from the
hub to the outer edge should vary no more than .003 and I would expect as
close to zero would be appropriate for TIR or total indicated run out.  Most
new street cars are at .002 or less these days.  You would definitely have
"knock back" of the pads on a fixed caliper design braking system with .006
TV or that much run-out.  I have learned this stuff after selling an on car
lathe for the last 20 years.  Our product will produce from .0005 to .001
run-out and .0002 TV in about 8min.  Cool stuff.