fot

Re: [Fot] was Detroit Locker now TR axle breaking.

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] was Detroit Locker now TR axle breaking.
From: Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:24:19 -0500
"You can indeed use an MGB design, though it's not all that wonderful.
If I were going to use a non-TR setup it would be a Ford, like every
hotrodder and low bucks racer in the world uses. Lots of cheap
performance parts available both new and used. You can get parts for
nine bolt ford posi's at Napa. I've seen complete 9" ford rear ends
with good bearings and posi clutches for $300 at swap meets. Been very
tempted, especially for Peyote and Ambro. There's a million machinists
that have narrowed them. Why would you screw around with a brit unit
that is almost equally fragile. I bet the MG rear end weighs almost as
much as a 9". It's cast iron, just like a 9" or a TR."

Might want to investigate the plentiful Ford 8". A lot of racers use the
8" for very healthy small block drag -race fords not needing the beef
and enjoying the lighter weight. Easily multiples of TR HP. Lots of
aftermarket options and you can get parts at quickie marts and craigs
list...

Saying yes to spring...