fot

Re: [Fot] Short Version: Harmonic Dampener Question

To: "Robert Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Short Version: Harmonic Dampener Question
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 07:56:57 -0700
This is interesting to me.  I disassembled a motor that was used in the 2007
race season to see the same thing.  I too had purchased the crank hub
removal kit from the same person.  This seems to be a problem with his kit.
Is he redesigning the kit?  And is he providing the past purchasers with a
replacement kit?
I guess it would depend on how knackered your snout is.  My dampener was
still tight and the keyway was slightly enlarged.  I would imagine if you
got a key to fit in snuggly, it might be okay.  Maybe this would be a good
crank for a street motor that doesn't see as many rpm's.  My problem is mine
is a long ended early crank shaft and there aren't many replacements
available for it.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44