fot

Re: [Fot] Short Version: Harmonic Dampener Question

To: "Robert Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Short Version: Harmonic Dampener Question
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:24:18 -0400
Bob-

It is unlikely that you created an "out of round" condition on the crank
given the relatively short time frame it ran until discovered. I would think
that as long as the woodruff key slot in the crank was not damaged too
badly, that you should be fine using a different balancer. If there is some
excessive tolerance on the woodruff key fit, then you may need to shim the
woodruff key or make a date with your machine shop.

If you have a dial indicator, that should verify and out of round condition,
it could also help in verifying the radial slop in the woodruff key as well.

Hutch