fot

Re: [Fot] Questions about the Mitty

To: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Questions about the Mitty
From: Mike Munson <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 08:54:49 -0600
Susan Kahler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Brad and I will be spectating at the Mitty next weekend for the first
> time, and were wondering how things go there. Are spectators allowed
> into the paddock area/pits? How far is the infield parking from where
> everything happens? What should we take with us (chairs, are coolers
> allowed, etc.)? And where are the best spots to see the action from?
> Anything else we should know?
>
> Who else is going? Bob, are you still on to race? And Joe - we're
> REALLY looking forward to seeing you and Jan there. And of course we
> will come and see you, Tim and you too, Ted!
>
> We're leaving the motor home behind this time, so won't be camping.
> We're headed down Friday and back Sunday.
>
> Any info is appreciated! We're looking forward to it!
>
> Thanks,
> Susan       :)

Susan,

I will be heading down Friday after my son gets home from school.
Normally spectators are allowed  into both paddock areas. Do be prepared
to do a lot of walking. I usually park in the infield area and walk to
the pro (infield)paddock and cross over to the main paddock by the
bridge over the front straight. The hill over turn 5 is where a lot of
Triumph people will spectate (and party!). The hill just past turn 5 is
also a popular site to spectate from because you can see from turn 3 to
turn 6. the area around turns 10 A and B is also a great place to watch.
Be careful driving down; people really drive crazy on  I-75.
I hope to catch up with you there.

Mike
404-316-1583 cell