fot

Re: [Fot] Questions about the Mitty

To: fasttrs@mindspring.com, spitfiresuz@141.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Questions about the Mitty
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 22:08:09 EDT
The Group 44 cars will be gridded in a tent in the paddock. We run the rest
of teh spectator activites out of a huge tent on top of the hill. Please
make sure you look me up and plan on attending our 25th Anniiversary party in
that tent on Saturday night... live band, free beer etc. Should be a fun
weekend and the forecast looks good so far.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040

In a message dated 4/25/09 9:56:26 AM, fasttrs@mindspring.com writes:

> Susan Kahler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Brad and I will be spectating at the Mitty next weekend for the first
> > time, and were wondering how things go there. Are spectators allowed
> > into the paddock area/pits? How far is the infield parking from where
> > everything happens? What should we take with us (chairs, are coolers
> > allowed, etc.)? And where are the best spots to see the action from?
> > Anything else we should know?
> >
> > Who else is going? Bob, are you still on to race? And Joe - we're
> > REALLY looking forward to seeing you and Jan there. And of course we
> > will come and see you, Tim and you too, Ted!
> >
> > We're leaving the motor home behind this time, so won't be camping.
> > We're headed down Friday and back Sunday.
> >
> > Any info is appreciated! We're looking forward to it!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Susan       :)
> >
> Susan,
>
> I will be heading down Friday after my son gets home from school.
> Normally spectators are allowed  into both paddock areas. Do be prepared
> to do a lot of walking. I usually park in the infield area and walk to
> the pro (infield)paddock and cross over to the main paddock by the
> bridge over the front straight. The hill over turn 5 is where a lot of
> Triumph people will spectate (and party!). The hill just past turn 5 is
> also a popular site to spectate from because you can see from turn 3 to
> turn 6. the area around turns 10 A and B is also a great place to watch.
> Be careful driving down; people really drive crazy on  I-75.
> I hope to catch up with you there.
>
> Mike
> 404-316-1583 cell

Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.
Try the new Email Toolbar now!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)