fot

[Fot] Pretty Peyote

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Pretty Peyote
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:59:25 -0700
Peyote was amazing this weekend. Not only did it look great, it ran
great.  Had an absolute blast racing Cameron Healy in the Pooper, Tony
Garmey in his Corvette and John Goodman in his Devin SS. We had a fine
turnout of Triumph racers, all of whom did great. A full writeup later.

I started the weekend off a bit slow, doing 1:42's and lolling around
in sixth place. Flatspotted a new tire in the second lap of the test
and tune day, and the flat spot got worse until there was cord
showing. Swapped to an old set of Speedsters and started from the
back, which gave me the impetus I needed to get the lead out and
drive. Did a 1:39:4something catching up and trying to make my way to
the front, but with the Corvette and Devin sliding around and
screaming like banshees passing felt like trying to run through a
spinning revolving door. Finished 4th with fastest lap time in race 3,
third behind Cameron and Goodman in race 4. Ccouldn't quite get around
Cameraon but with all the pushing and shoving we all got well down
into the 39's. sure was some interesting passes on the lapped cars. I
expected  to have a posse of FV drivers with torches and ropes in out
pits afterwards, but they seemed okay with it. Scared the crap out of
me.

Peyote is gorgeous. Weird to say that. Completely authentic, but
perfect. Garmey pulled off a miracle. I had a lot of people say "I
knew he was good, but I didn't know he was THAT good."

Cameron and I had a classic Pooper-Peyote battle. Inches apart and
flat out. Total trust. It was awesome. I still haven't quit grinning.