fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 main bearing caps

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 main bearing caps
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 07:53:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 27 May 2009, Bill Babcock wrote:

> Counter rotating DOHC, 4 valve per cylinder VTEC intake and exhaust,
> mega-trick heads, direct ignition and multi-point fuel injection, carbon
> fiber reinforced liners. And ladder-type bearing supports.  A lot more going
> on there than bearing count.

And, I might add - that motor is pretty well maxed out.

I know a few years ago a few autocrossers were trying to work on the motor
to run in SCCA Street Prepared class and they had very little luck getting
more power using class-legal mods.

I didn't follow the thread after about two years ago, but we don't see too
many Honda powered mod cars at the national level.

Kool motor, but Honda took the fun out of building for "some" of us.

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489