fot

Re: [Fot] Weird spam messages?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weird spam messages?
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 13:26:07 -0700
No.  It is not an "internal" thing - meaning that you are sending to
yourself.  Rather as I indicated in that email to you off-list two hours ago...

-------------------
As a Web/email host provider what we generally see this being is one
of two probable causes.

1. Someone that you know (of who has your email address in their
Outlook address book) is infected and the rouge piece of software is
reading the Outlook address book to sends it's crap out. It will send
to all the addresses that it finds and will pretend to be sending
from those same addresses.

or

2. Someone is sending out that mail pretending to be you.

If you want forward one to me and I'll see if the message headers can
give a clue as to which probably sources you are seeing.