fot

Re: [Fot] Weird spam messages?

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weird spam messages?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:02:17 -0500
This has screwed me up in the past, when my ISP was transmitting through his
own domain name, another of his clients was (purportedly) sending spam, so
since my messages were in the same IP address range they were getting
blocked. This practice doesn't block one address, but dozens at a time
including the innocent. People I was legitimately corresponding with -- many
of them business communications -- could not receive me and in some cases
could not send to me. My ISP fixed it by starting to relay his clients
through AT&T which was big enough nobody puts up a spam blocker on *that* IP
address range.

--Rocky