fot

Re: [Fot] Next race planning

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Next race planning
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:46:47 -0500
Chris,
I used to visit Europe frequently and lived in Norway for 1 1/2 years.
The distances involved are what makes everything different here.  We try
to have these focus events to bring everyone together, but the distances
are always a problem and limit attendance.  For vintage racing, all the
organizations are regionally based.  There is VARA in California, VSCDA
in the Midwest, CVAR for Texas/Oklahoma, RMVR in Colorado, and many
others.  Luckily, most of them have similar rules, but some are more lax
about modern parts than others.

If you've never been over here, you ought to come.  If you plan it
around some races with FoT participation, I'm sure you will feel welcome.