fot

[Fot] Here's to ya, kid!

To: Friends of Triumph <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Here's to ya, kid!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:51:35 -0600
I just sold some parts.  Spitfire parts, to be exact, a boot lid and a
door for
a squaretail.  Some young fellow bought them.  He recently purchased a
non-running $200 Spitfire, and is chomping at the bit to get it going.

It was fun to have him in the garage, he was impressed with a few things,
like the dual DCOE setup for Killer that was over there, the ceramic
coated Stahl header tucked away there and so on.  He even noticed some
of my old SCCA autocross trophies still on the wall, and that great copy
of a Triumph ad that Chris K did about Team Fat sweeping the VTR
autocross some years back.  We talked for a while, I emailed him some
links to Triumph related info.

It would be nice to be so young and energetic, instead of old and decrepit.
But a bit of his enthusiasm did rub off, helped to make the day better than
it had been going.  I hope he sticks with it, keeps the flickering flame
going.

Right now, though, I've got to get started on some chicken and mushrooms
in a lemon sauce to serve over fettucini.  I'm getting hungry, and Karen
will be home soon.  Out to the garage after dinner.

mjb.