fot

Re: [Fot] Got a problem with the race car, need advice

To: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>, "Friends"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Got a problem with the race car, need advice
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:02:43 -0500
  I don't know much about the PI, but I had the same problem a while ago
with carbs and it was fuel related.
  Does the PI have any kind of filter or screen in line? Could it be debris
in the fuel system or a partial clog?
  Are you running braided lines?  They can deteriorate inside. Do you run a
pressure gauge and if so, what does the presure do? What happens if you
switch off the fuel pump (I'm assuming it's electric) for a couple seconds ,
then switch it back on?
  A wise man once told me that about half of ignition problems were actually
fuel related. Or maybe it was the other way around; I'm getting old and
sometimes forget! Either way, check all possibilities.
  Good luck, Bill----- Original Message -----