fot

Re: [Fot] Rear engine seal on Spitfire

To: jason@multivintage.com, whitedog72@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear engine seal on Spitfire
From: REK46@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
Have you considered using a 'Speedi Sleeve' on the crank hub?....works
great in making the seal tighter ...some seals flex or curl  a bit and the
'centering of the seal is critical to the fit(not the rear plate fit....most
manuals show the checking for the fit around the crank ,with feelers.....the
SpeediSleeve will make it less prone to warpage or mis-alignment.

In a message dated 8/9/2010 11:41:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,