fot

Re: [Fot] Rear engine seal on Spitfire

To: f s <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear engine seal on Spitfire
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 01:12:56 -0500
Funny Thing About All This Rear Seal Talk and Discussion which sent Steve
out to his garage fabricating parts... Turns out my real leak was coming
from the the trans... I pulled the tunnel cover off last night to find the
entire top cover extension virtually hanging in the breeze...two bolts
totally gone, one dowel missing and two studs just kind of hanging on for
dear life and the gasket laying there looking at me from the frame rails.
The thing was hanging there just dangling and mostly being supported by a
custom bracket I have coming off of the bell housing and  the rubber gear
shift sleeve.. Whoops. I drove it like that for about 50 laps...it was
leaking and getting worse for the entire weekend at Gratten... I was having
so much fun I didn't notice except the oil that was pooling at my feet...
which I thought was coming from a leaking rear seal.

Will I make it to the Kastner Cup?
Jason, Friendly Ghost Racing GT6+