fot

Re: [Fot] Rear engine seal on Spitfire

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear engine seal on Spitfire
From: "Robert MacKenzie" <list@mackenzie.aero>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 13:58:59 -0500
It can be done without removing the engine from the car but unless you have
the car on a hoist, it may be more difficult in the long run.
As noted; both the rear engine plate and the oil pan will have to be removed
in order to access the alloy sealing plate that holds the seal and that is
after the clutch and flywheel are off as well.
I would not want to do that while on a floor creeper. I may be easier to
just pull the engine and put it on a bench/stand.

Robert MacKenzie
NASS # 511
Austin Texas
'79 1500 (street)