fot

Re: [Fot] Hoosier R6 tire pressures

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hoosier R6 tire pressures
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:55:24 -0500
Actually, the use of skid pads goes even further back.  I recently read
the biograph of Zora Arkus-Duntov (of GM/Corvette fame). He talked about
the origins of the skd pad. Unfortunately, I can't remember the
details.  I believe he learned about it when he was in Germany (1930's
or 40's). He networked a lot with Porsche and drove one to a class win
at LeMans. He claimed he put the Porsche engineers onto using it in the
early 1950's. The book is a good read even though I'm not a Corvette guy.

The problem I've always had with skid pads is where can you find to do it?
- Larry

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html