fot

[Fot] quaife in the TR250K

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] quaife in the TR250K
From: Tony and Annie Garmey <horizonracing@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:03:31 -0700
Hi All,
some notes about the quaife.....I,ve got one in the prototype and you can
power through it. I have increased the pre load of the gear stack which helped
but the the biggest deal is in the set up and driving style. On the set
up....rear bar (.625?) full soft, lots of compression in the shocks and not
much rebound. The car in general is fairly soft in spring rates. I've put TR3
steering arms  to quicken up the steering cause i prefer a 'pointy" car. If
you try this......be careful !! In driving the car....I have to square off
most corners (almost like a double apex) and use the traction/forward bite to
get down the straight away. yes, I can  go to stiffer springs /bars etc etc
but There is a self imposed responsibility to keep this car in a/ one piece,
2/ to keep it as original as possible. The rear bar still has the ground flat
on the underside were it contacted the pavement at Sebring 1968 after the
wheel broke :)

Cheers
Tony
fot@autox.team.net