fot

Re: [Fot] Distributor gear failure

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Distributor gear failure
From: jkhagen@charter.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 14:01:02 -0400 (EDT)
FOTs'--I have raced Chevy v8s and 1.6/1.8 MG motors and at high RPM they
all struggle with oil pump/distributor gears.  Problem 1] old worn parts
2] High RPM throws oil off the gears. Some cams are coming with lazer
cut oil holes that feed the gear. 3] Some are adapting bronze gears
which "seat" into cam gear better [and need to be replaced more often]
--so-- Eliminate end play and driven gears should be "centered" on the
cam gear --and--keep your RPMs low--OH-forget that last one.  John Hagen