fot

Re: [Fot] Distributor gear failure

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Distributor gear failure
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:37:49 +0200
Could it be an oil pressure issue?
When I installed the cam I also installed a new crank with a smaller bearing
clearance.
The oil pressure was pretty good after that.
Cold close 100 psi, hot around 85-90 psi.
I didn't change the relive valve and ran that engine several races with this
high oil pressure.
Maybe the gear failed from too much stress caused by the oil pump?

Had Jack too much oil pressure?

Chris

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----